Rock Star Moments

Friday, August 15, 2008

Rick Springfield - St. Charles, IL

08/15/2008
Rick Springfield
Arcada Theater
St. Charles, IL

Opening band: None

It's been a long time since I have seen Rick...what is it now...12 days? Just kidding :) This was a much better show than the one in Indiana a couple of weeks ago, and we had a lot of fun!

I went with my friends Sabrina and Colleen. Most of the shows that I have been to have been with Sabrina. This was Colleen's first Rick show, and I don't know if she knew what she was getting in to :) Before the show, we had dinner at a restaurant a few blocks from the venue. We had received an e-mail advertising a special Rick menu, etc. so we decided to check it out. It took way too long for our food to come out, but the wait was well worth it when Rick strolled through the restaurant :)

Our tickets were in the 10th row in the middle, so we had a great spot. Rick came out wearing an awesome leather jacket, but it was super hot in the theater, so we knew that wouldn't stay on long.

Rick played several songs off of the new album, Venus in Overdrive, which is awesome! He also did Crossroads again. I really love it when he does a blues song, and wish that he would include that one on an album sometime (hint, hint!)

Rick came out into the audience twice. The first time was during "Don't Talk to Strangers". He usually makes people sing, most of them reluctantly. Usually there are also a few little kids who get up onstage with him and give it a try. Rick spotted one little boy who had no interest in singing or in coming up on stage. So, Rick made his way out to him and tried to persuade the kid to sing. He told him that girls really like boys who sing :) He also forgot where he was for a minute (he usually uses the name of the town during the part of the song that is "how's life in the big city". He messed it up and called it Port Charles.

The second time that he came out was near the end of the show. He stayed out for a long time, and wound up in the row in front of us. Colleen got to hold him up at one point :) The second pic was an attempt to get both of them in the picture, but they were too close!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Great pictures Cindy! How cool that he was in the restaurant. I have been reading how he is havin a wonderful comback-also I think I read he was 58. I can't believe that just by looking at him.