Rock Star Moments

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dave Matthews Band - Noblesville, IN

08/01/2009
Dave Matthews Band
Verizon Wireless Music Center
Noblesville, IN

Opening Band: Hill Country Review

Whew!! What an incredible weekend!! In fact, we both said that this was the most fun that we have had on a DMB weekend in quite a long time. The crowd was so much better than the one at Alpine a few weeks ago, which is good. I was worried that I was getting too old for this stuff :)

This was the first time that we have ever camped at a DMB show, and had an absolute blast. We stayed at Close By Campground, which worked out great. It was about a mile from the venue, so we were able to hang out at the campsite until it was time to go to the show. All we had to do was hop on a school bus and they shuttled us over. We had great "neighbors" both nights, and it was pretty mellow in our section of the campground. There was free spaghetti after the Saturday show, which was cool.

This show seemed a lot shorter than the previous night, but was still incredible. I was hoping for Two Step, and my wish came true! I am surprised that I still have my voice, because I was singing and yelling the whole time. It started raining shortly after the show started. We were in the pavillion, so it didn't matter much. Luckily, we were able to catch the bus back to the campground. We had a bit of trouble finding out where it stopped the previous night, so wound up walking back on Friday.

Setlist:
You Might Die Trying *
Seven *
You and Me *
Dancing Nancies *
Lying In the Hands of God *
Shotgun *
Say Goodbye *
Funny The Way It Is *
Dive In *
Crush *
The Stone *
Shake Me Like a Monkey *
Alligator Pie
Burning Down The House *
Pantala Naga Pampa *
Rapunzel *

Encore:
Don’t Drink the Water *
Two Step *

Show Notes:
* Jeff Coffin

No comments: