Rock Star Moments

Friday, June 25, 2010

Rick Springfield - Joliet, IL

06/25/2010
Rick Springfield
Taste of Joliet
Joliet, IL

Opening Band: 7th Heaven

Typical Rick show. We had fun :) There was a group of 6 of us, and it wasn't terribly far from home. We were a bit far away, so I only got one good pic.


A couple of cool things did happen. He had a young 14 year old kid, Dustin Walker, from Joliet play guitar with him on What's Victoria's Secret. Jack White's kid (Jackson) played drums during Crossroads. I love when Rick plays that, and especially more so because we were going to go see Mr. Clapton play it the next day :) Jack White also came out and played drums during the encore. Jack was the Rick's drummer during the 1980s, and was also on tour with him back in the late 1990s when he first came back. We actually met him back in 1999, and he was so cool :)

Set list:
Mr. PC
I’ve Done Everything for You
Affair of the Heart
Living in Oz
What’s Victoria’s Secret
Celebrate Youth
I Get Excited
Venus in Overdrive
I’ll Miss That Someday
Love Is Alright Tonite
Crossroads
Don’t Talk to Strangers
Love Somebody
Human Touch
Jessie’s Girl
Encore:
Kristina
Wild Thing

No comments: